Key Laboratory of High Confidence Software Technologies was founded in 2007. In 2010, the Hong Kong branch was set up in Hong Kong Chinese University. In 2011, the laboratory has been assessed as an excellent laboratory. The Laboratory has 27 full professors, 24 associate professors, 2 lecturers. Among them, there are 3 academicians, 3 Changjiang Scholars, 4 winners of Distinguished Young Scholars of NSFC, 2 Chief Scientists of National Basic Research Program of China (National 973 Program). Research at the laboratory is directed towards solving the key issues in high-confidence software technologies.
Major research areas include:
(1) Computational model of the trustworthy software and formal method
(2) Basic theory and methodologies of high-confidence software engineering
(3) Software operation platform and its trustworthy structure and mechanism
(4) Software trustworthiness evaluation and provision methods
(5) Domain specific trustworthy technology