The Key Laboratory of Computational linguistics was founded in 2013, and consisted of the Institute of Computational Linguistics in School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Department of Chinese Language and Literature, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, School of Psychological and Cognitive Sciences etc. The laboratory has 17 professors, 13 associate professors. Among them, there are 2 Changjiang Scholars, 1 Changjiiang Young Scholar, 1 recipient of National Thousand Talents Plan for Distinguished Young Scholars, and 1 recipient of Distinguished Young Scholars of NSFC. Research at the laboratory is directed towards solving the key issues in Chinese information processing.
Major research areas include:
(1) Fundamental theory and models for Chinese computing
(2) National language knowledge management and speech database construction
(3) Large-scale multi-level language knowledge base construction method
(4) Content analysis and dynamic monitoring for massive text
(5) Multi-lingual information processing and machine translation technique